Recipe by Trisha W
This cool recipe uses jello and lemonade concentate as its base. It does NOT include fattening items like evaporated milk and cream cheese. This is quick to put together but does require 4 hours to freeze (cook time in recipe).
Top Review by KCShell
Trisha W, I chose this because it is lower in fat than a lot of other frozen fruit salads. Thank you so much for that! We all loved it's rich, creamy texture. I think I made the chunks of fruit too big. Next time I will chop them up a bit more. And there will definatly be a next time!
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin (jello)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen concentrated lemonade
- 3 cups thawed Cool Whip (can use the lighter versions)
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pears
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and chop fruits.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add concentrate and stir until melted.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Blend in whipped topping and fold in fruit.
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze until firm (about 4 hours).
- Unmold and slice, garnish if desired.