Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe from Food and Drink magazine is a perfect summer dessert as it doesn't require any baking. It is very simple to prepare, using a prepared graham crumb crust and canned peaches. You can vary the flavour by using a chocolate crumb crust. If fresh peaches are in season, use 3 fresh peaches which have been peeled and pitted. Chilling time is cooking time.
- 398 ml peach halves in juice, drained
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (Use full fat if preferred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crumb crust
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
- Chop the peaches into bite-size pieces and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk together the sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the peaches.
- Beat the whipping cream and icing sugar in another bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the sour cream and peach mixture.
- Scrape the mixture into the graham crumb crust and spread evenly, smoothing the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Dust with cinnamon and garnish each serving with fresh mint leaves.