Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice summertime appetizer or light dessert after a big meal. Very unexpected to have a sweet bruschetta! The yogurt and the honey are such natural compliments for fruit! I got it from Epicurious... added the lime juice myself and decided to keep the recipe that way!
- 16 slices Italian bread (1/2 in thick) or 16 slices French bread (1/2 in thick)
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted, and cut into fine dice
- 1⁄2 banana, cut into fine dice
- 8 large strawberries, cut into fine dice
- 3 -4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey, for drizzling
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in a shallow baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Brush toasts with butter on one side. Toasts may be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container.
- In a small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over buttered side of each toast. Broil toast about 5 inches from heat under preheated broiler 30 seconds, or until tops are bubbling, and cool.
- In a bowl stir together fruit and remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar and mound about 1 tablespoon on each toast. Top each toast with about 1 teaspoon yogurt and drizzle with honey.