Sydney Mike's Note:
Yeah, it's a pie and it's a casserole, and it's neither one, but it certainly is a rich and tasty treat! Preparation time does not include the time it takes to cool down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, sliced, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can plums, drained, pitted, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, cold
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a small container, mix cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of syrup from the peaches.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cornstarch mixture, peaches, plums, pears, maraschino cherries, almonds, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4Pour into a shallow 2-1/2 quart casserole.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 6Cut in the cold shortening until mixture is coarse; stir in the sour cream until blended.
- 7On a floured surface, toss the dough lightly to coat with flour.
- 8Knead/roll the dough 8-10 times with a floured rolling pin.
- 9Roll it carefully into a 1/2" thick shape slightly smaller than the casserole, trimming the edges if necessary.
- 10Cut a 2" circle in the center or use a small cookie cutter to cut a decorative design or two near the center.
- 11Carefully place this pastry dough on top of the fruit mixture, with the edge of the dough NOT touching the sides of the baking dish.
- 12Brush top lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 13Bake about 40 to 45 minutes or until the pastry is a dark golden brown.
- 14Cool at least 25 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Plum Pear Casserole Pie
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: