Sydney Mike's Note:
Yeah, it's a pie and it's a casserole, and it's neither one, but it certainly is a rich and tasty treat! Preparation time does not include the time it takes to cool down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, sliced, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can plums, drained, pitted, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, cold
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a small container, mix cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of syrup from the peaches.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cornstarch mixture, peaches, plums, pears, maraschino cherries, almonds, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4Pour into a shallow 2-1/2 quart casserole.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 6Cut in the cold shortening until mixture is coarse; stir in the sour cream until blended.
- 7On a floured surface, toss the dough lightly to coat with flour.
- 8Knead/roll the dough 8-10 times with a floured rolling pin.
- 9Roll it carefully into a 1/2" thick shape slightly smaller than the casserole, trimming the edges if necessary.
- 10Cut a 2" circle in the center or use a small cookie cutter to cut a decorative design or two near the center.
- 11Carefully place this pastry dough on top of the fruit mixture, with the edge of the dough NOT touching the sides of the baking dish.
- 12Brush top lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 13Bake about 40 to 45 minutes or until the pastry is a dark golden brown.
- 14Cool at least 25 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Plum Pear Casserole Pie
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: