Make a delicious clear peach jelly using the peelings and seeds.
Make and share this Peach Peeling-Peach Seed Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 4 quarts peelings and seeds from peaches, minimum
To every 3 cups juice
- 1 package dry pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- Place a minimum of 4 qts peelings and seed in heavy pan.
- Barely cover with water.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Let stand overnight.
- Strain juice through cheesecloth.
- Measure 3 cups juice into pan.
- Add 1 pkg powdered pectin.
- Bring to a rigorous boil and add 3 cups sugar.
- Boil juice rapidly until drops sheet off spoon as in jelly testing.
- Skim off foam.
- Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch from top.
- Band and process in water bath for 5 minutes.
- For concern about the aspects of using peach seeds, here is a bit of info about the usage of peach products, Peach Uses & Scientific Evidence For Peach leaves and bark have demulcent, sedative, diuretic and expectorant properties, and work well to relieve bladder inflammation and urinary tract problems. The leaves and bark can also be used to treat whooping cough, ordinary coughs, and chronic bronchitis. Peach seed (kernel) can be used as a mild laxative, and an expectorant for the lungs, nose and throat, and it can help relieve chest pain and spasms. Peach bark is still used to improve blood flow and eliminate blood stagnation caused by amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, postpartum abdominal pain, and pain and swelling due to external injuries.
- Since there is only one pit per peach and alot of peel, the recipe should not be altered if the peach seed is left out.