Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
I got this recipe out of Woman's World magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list.
- 2 lbs peaches, peeled if desired, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 lbs nectarines, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- your favorite pastry for double-crust pie
- Roll out bottom crust.
- Combine peaches, nectarines, pumpkin pie spice,1 cup sugar,cornstarch, and ginger.
- Spoon peach mixture into crust.
- Roll out top crust and fit onto filled bottom crust.
- Cut steam vents into top crust.
- Brush top crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 and bake 1 hour,20 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.