Recipe by Kree
These peach muffins are the best! The recipe may be slightly more complicated than some, but it's well worth the effort!
Top Review by Mom2girls
These were fairly easy to make, and smelled wonderful when baking. I do think the spices seemed to overwhelm the peach flavor, however I was a couple of TBS short of peaches so possibly that was problem. The texture was more muffin like than the cakelike muffins I am used to making. I think I will try again with more peaches and less spice.
- 1 cup chopped fresh peach
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- additional cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chopped peaches in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with light brown sugar; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg yolk; beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add them alternately with milk.
- Beat one egg white until stiff.
- Spoon peaches from bowl with slotted spoon and dredge in 1/2 tablespoon flour.
- Fold peaches together with egg white into the batter.
- Pour into greased or lined muffin tins and sprinkle tops with nutmeg and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.