Recipe by Marie
If you haven't discovered Puff Pastry shells yet, you are in for a real treat. You can find them in the freezer section of your grocery. The original recipe for this is from Pepperidge Farm who makes them and it is a super quick way to make a dessert that is luscious. I have modified the recipe to suit my taste.
- 1 package pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry shell
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches in light syrup, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pastry shells (6) at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Mix together, sugar, cornstarch, water and raspberries in saucepan and cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and press raspberry mixture through a sieve.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of raspberry mixture on each of 6 dessert plates.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in each shell and place on raspberry mixture on plates.
- Divide peach slices among plates and spoon remaining raspberry sauce over ice cream.