Recipe by Rita~
Sweet and savory peach jam has layers of flavors each working together. Sweetened with your choice of honey or brown sugar. Either complements peaches nicely. Kicking it up with jalapenos. Do taste them to sense the heat level and use according to your likes. Sprinkled hint basil to brighten up the flavor.
- 8 cups diced peaches or 8 cups diced apricots
- 6 jalapenos, seeds removed taste to adjust amounts of heat
- 1⁄3 cup basil
- 1⁄3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare canning supplies.
- In a food processor pulse the peaches,jalapenos, and basil till chunky smooth puree. You`ll have just over 4 cups.
- Place all ingredients in a large heavy bottom pot. Taller the better because it does splatter.
- As mixture thicken, you must stir more frequently to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- bring to a boil.
- Stirring often so it doesn``t burn.
- When it comes to 220 degrees you are ready to pour into sterile jars keeping 1/4 head space.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. . Remove lid shut off flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and place in a draft free spot till sealed.
- Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Label, Decorate, And Gift!