Mango Jalapeno Jam
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 7 ounces jalapeno chile, chopped (with or without seeds, you choose the heat)
- 6 cups mangoes, ripe peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pectin (powdered for lower sugar recipes)
- 4 cups sugar
- place chiles, manoes and lemon juice in a pot.
- Combine pectin with 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Add to fruit.
- Bring to a full boil, one that cannot be stirred down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the sugar and return to boil for one more minute.
- Remove from heat. Remove any foam.
- Ladle into hot prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch at the top. Wipe and process in hot water bath using good canning procedures.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.