Recipe by Susie D
Recipe from Texas chef Dean Fearing of Mansion on the Turtlecreek. He recommends serving it with a barbeque rubbed chicken breast. It is also terrific poured over a block of cream cheese and served with crackers for an easy appetizer.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I thought this was a great recipe. Nice refreshing contrast between sweet & spicy, but might add an extra jalapeno next time. DH wasn't crazy about it, too much cinnamon for his tastes but DS totally LOVED it. I think less cinnamon & more jalapeno & we'd all love it equally. I'm really glad I stumbled on this recipe (had peaches that needed to be used up), we'll be making it again. Served today for a quick lunch of grilled chicken & white rice. Thanks for posting, Susie! Made for ZWT5 - Ali Baba's Babes.
- 5 peaches, ripe
- 2 jalapenos, stems removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and pit all peaches.
- Medium dice 3 peaches and place in bowl and set aside.
- Purée the remaining peaches in a blender. Pour mixture into a medium saucepan with jalapeños, ginger, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Bring pan to medium heat and reduce mixture, stirring occasionally, until thick for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour diced peaches into saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until mixture is hot. Remove and set aside.