Recipe by CountryLady
A very quick & easy dessert that can be made at the last minute with regular pantry ingredients. If you prefer a very sweet sauce, use powdered chocolate instead of cocoa.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I will keep a can of peaches in the pantry from now on. This is great for one of those days when you need a last minute dessert. I can't wait to try it on top of a piece of homemade pound cake.
- 1 (14 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide peaches among 4 individual dessert bowls& set aside.
- Combine water& sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in cocoa& return to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla& pour over peaches.
- Serve at once.