Recipe by alijen
A great gift chutney, or for yourself. Excellent with pork, lamb, and chicken. From my sister. If using frozen peaches, no need to thaw.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with frozen peaches & ended giving half of it away, not because we didn't like it but because guests really loved it, as I'd served it as suggested, with the cheeses & chicken breasts! This is definitely something I'll be making again, as possibly as part of my holiday gift bags! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Chutney theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cups fresh peaches or 4 cups frozen peaches, chopped, peeled
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in skillet, about 5 minutes.
- Place the onions and the next 8 ingredients in cooker.
- Stir together flour and vinegar, then add to the cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring before the last hour.
- Remove after finished and immediately transfer to sterilized jars.
- (My favorite way to serve: Mix 8 ounces cream cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese, then divide evenly between 4 chicken breasts, pounded flat. Bake about 20 minutes, then top with chutney and continue baking until chicken is done.).