Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is no orinary peach pie! A must to try.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup ground pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg, and pepper, whisk until smooth.
- Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the peaches in a mixing bowl and pour the syrup over the peaches.
- Toss well and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining cinnamon, remaining nutmeg, sugar, flour, pecans, and butter.
- Using your fingers, work the mixture together until it resembles a coarse crumb-like mixture.
- Pour the peaches into the prepared pie shell.
- Sprinkle the topping over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden.