Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
One of my favorite parts of summer is the peaches. With family in The Peach State, I've got connections and get them straight from the packing shed and love to use them on recipes like these ! Served warm with ice cream or cold from the fridge, this dessert is great.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Add peaches;toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 6 servings.