Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my favorite parts of summer is the peaches. With family in The Peach State, I've got connections and get them straight from the packing shed and love to use them on recipes like these ! Served warm with ice cream or cold from the fridge, this dessert is great.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Add peaches;toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Very good! I added cinnamon sugar to the top before baking and served with vanilla ice cream, yum!
I make this all the time even tho I dont have access to real peaches all the time .I substitute cannned peaches and cut way back on the sugar and i've even used cherry pie filling and it comes out great. e-z to make and very delicious.