Top Review by queen-o-my-kitchen
A friend and I make jam every summer, and we are always looking for an adventurous and out-of-the-ordinary flavor. This was a winner and may become my new favorite. I used fresh raspberries - 2 6-oz. cartons - and used dry pectin since I couldn't find liquid at my local store. I was afraid it wouldn't gel because the technique was different from my "standard", but I followed the instructions anyway. The jam set after about 24 hours. The color is so beautiful, with bits of peaches and the blush of the berries, and the flavor is sweet, tangy and fruity! I usually give my jam as gifts, but it will be hard to part with this treat. I will definitely make this again!
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 lbs ripe peaches (approx)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 package liquid fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw berries according to package directions.
- Peel,pit and crush peaches.
- Measure thawed berries and add enough crushed peaches to make 4 cups fruit.
- Place in kettle, add lemon juice and sugar, mixing throughly.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat and let boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add pectin, stirring vigorously.
- Stir and skim alternately for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle quickly into hot sterilized jars.
- Seal 5 minutes in boiling water bath using 2 piece lids (If you are not using paraffin like I still do for myself--for gift giving I use the 2 piece lids).