Mango Raspberry Jam
photo by dicentra
- Ready In:
7 8 oz jars
- 3 cups finely chopped pitted, peeled mangoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed red raspberries (about 1 1/2 pints)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package fruit pectin
- 5 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine mangoes, raspberries, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean. Screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Yields about seven 8-ounce jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Click to feed animals I'm a retired teacher now living in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. I have one daughter, 2 granddaughters, and 1 great-grandson(17 yo Dec '11)! I've travelled a bit throughout Europe and the U.S. as well as Honduras and Costa Rica. I think I may have some gypsy ancestors! I love to travel but am not able to anymore. So I do a LOT of reading instead. My current craft passion is knittng but I have dabbled in just about everything. I've done leaded glass work(stained glass), which I love; am working on counted cross stitch; and am willing to try any craft, at least once! I've also worked for a major insurance company as a case analyst. I have 2 cats, Teddy BB 11 .o. on the 19th of Feb, and CiCi who will be 5 years old on Mar 6th. src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/orn.jpg></p>