Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was originally found on the back of a cereal box some time ago and has since been modified to be just right! Everyone who tastes this presumes I can cook well when really, if they knew how simple it was, they would eat their words (pardon the PUN!).
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, chopped finely
- 2 cups cereal (any type but crunchy works better)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup slightly softened butter
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1500 g canned peaches in light syrup
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- cinnamon, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease baking dish.
- Pour peaches into baking dish (adding just a small quantity of the syrup).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- Sprinkle with white sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour.
- Place cereal in plastic bag and squash into large crumbs.
- Add cereal, pistachio nuts and brown sugar into mixing bowl.
- Add sultanas.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Mix through evenly.
- Then kneed butter through with fingers.
- Cover peaches with mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
- serve hot with custard, cream or ice-cream.