Recipe by Lori Mama
This is from Taste of Home magazine Pasta edition with a slight modification.
Top Review by Debbwl
Healthy, quick, easy, and tasty who could ask for anything more? Made as written and thought it made a very nice side combining both whole grains and veggie with practically no fat. Might add just a smidgen more cumin next time. Thanks so much for the post.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen baby sweet peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato, seeds removed
- 3⁄4 cup couscous, uncooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized pot, over medium high heat.
- saute shallots/garlic in oil until softened.
- Stir in cumin and cook 1-2 minute.
- Add broth, peas and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer 1-2 minute.
- Stir in the couscous.
- Cover with a lid and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.