Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
ZWT6 - Greece
Make and share this Paximathia (Greek Semi-Sweet Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup Wesson Oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 drops cream or 3 drops milk
- Beat 3 eggs well. Add oil and sugar and mix to blend.
- Add vanilla. Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Work dough and shape into loaves (about three).
- Set on greased.cookie sheets and brush with beaten egg yolk, to which a few.drops of cream or milk has been added.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed.
- Bake in 375° to 400° oven about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into slices immediately. Lay pieces flat on sheet and return to oven for a few minutes until light brown on both sides.