Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Greece
Top Review by wtcamp
Excellent easy to make recipe. My only surprise was that the dough had to rest overnight so the 10 minute prep time is not realistic. I added a single star anise pod crushed in a teaspoon of hot water and filtered into the mix along with a half teaspoon of cinnamon and a find grind of a small orange peel in PLACE of the vanilla flavor. 380 degree bake for 23 minutes then lower oven temp to 200 degrees and toast cut cookies on pan for 12 to 15 minutes. Very light, tasty, and not overpowering - perfect with tea or a cup of coffee. Enjoyable to make and fun to experiment with this very flexible and forgiving dough. Great recipe. W.C.C.
- 2⁄3 cup Wesson Oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 drops cream or 3 drops milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 3 eggs well. Add oil and sugar and mix to blend.
- Add vanilla. Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Work dough and shape into loaves (about three).
- Set on greased.cookie sheets and brush with beaten egg yolk, to which a few.drops of cream or milk has been added.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed.
- Bake in 375° to 400° oven about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into slices immediately. Lay pieces flat on sheet and return to oven for a few minutes until light brown on both sides.