Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was given to me by my brother, a fitness buff who really cares what he puts in his body. The recipe is quite versatile, so you can swap out ingredients to your liking.
- 1 banana
- 236.59 ml rolled oats, Ground
- 3 egg whites
- 14.79 ml honey
- 44.37 ml almond butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml pumpkin seeds, ground
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds, ground
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds, ground
- 78.07 ml soymilk, unsweetened
- 118.29 ml spelt flour
- 236.59 ml protein powder, vanilla
- 2.46 ml butter
- Mash banana.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat a 9x9 pan with butter and pour mixture in pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into 10 bars and enjoy!
I think the key to making this recipe is not to overbake. I think that's why mine are so dry. Here's a few of the changes I did as you mentioned in your forward about the versatility of this recipe. I agree. I used all-natural p.b. skipped the pumpkin seeds. Used skim milk in place of soy and wholewheat flour in place of spelt. I like the overall concept of this recipe as it's got all your good-for-you ingredients plus the use of protein powder is always a plus for me being a vegetarian. Thanks for posting.