Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this today on Paula Dean's show and posting it to try at carry in BBQ
- nonstick nonflammable cooking spray
- 3 lbs new potatoes, small
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a grill basket with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the potatoes in the grill basket and grill until the potatoes are tender, turning once, about 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the grill and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, parsley, basil, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir the creamy mixture into the potatoes, stirring until the potatoes are well coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with fresh basil or dill, if desired.
- Cook's Note: During the show, Jamie used roasted potatoes instead of grilling them for the salad. Here's the recipe if you choose to do the same: In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, tossing gently to coat. Arrange the potatoes, in a single layer, on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.