Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe taken from the Cooking with Paula magazine. Sounds great for the upcoming summer holidays and family gatherings.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water, hot
- 3 cups lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, pureed (or 1 lb fresh strawberries pureed with 1/2 cup powdered sugar)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- fresh strawberries, lime wheels and mint to garnish
- Mix sugar and hot water together until completely dissolved. Pour into serving container. Add lime juice, strawberry puree and soda to water/sugar mixture and stir gently. Add approximately 2 cups ice to mixture.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, lime wheels and/or mint, if desired.
We loved this delicious limeade treat Nancy. I made 1/2 a batch for the two of us. It was so quick and easy to make. It was wonderful, it tasted sweet tart and tangy. Just the way we like it. Made as written wouldn't change a thing. Served with Mountain Dew... what a treat this was. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Beverage Anyone? Tag Game 2015.
Very tasty. I did back off the sugar a bit as I planned on adding strawberry jam. It was a bit tart but I like that. I pureed the strawberries with the lime juice and added that mixture. We served this with dinner right away so their was no need for ice cubes. I will happily serve this for my next party though as it was delicious. It would also make a great summer time drink or freeze the mixture other then the soda and use as ice cubes in with your favorite lemon lime beverage.
Making this the first time I decided to cut it in half, then used a can of diet Mt Dew! Although that made for a very nice tasting drink, another time I'd like to try it with Squirt! Either way, the recipe is a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag]