Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe taken from the Cooking with Paula magazine. Sounds great for the upcoming summer holidays and family gatherings.
Top Review by Baby Kato
We loved this delicious limeade treat Nancy. I made 1/2 a batch for the two of us. It was so quick and easy to make. It was wonderful, it tasted sweet tart and tangy. Just the way we like it. Made as written wouldn't change a thing. Served with Mountain Dew... what a treat this was. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Beverage Anyone? Tag Game 2015.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water, hot
- 3 cups lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, pureed (or 1 lb fresh strawberries pureed with 1/2 cup powdered sugar)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- fresh strawberries, lime wheels and mint to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and hot water together until completely dissolved. Pour into serving container. Add lime juice, strawberry puree and soda to water/sugar mixture and stir gently. Add approximately 2 cups ice to mixture.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, lime wheels and/or mint, if desired.