This recipe may be a little more labor intensive to make than the usual green bean casserole but it's so worth it. I love the fresh green beans and the cheese! I always use more mushrooms than called for just because I love them!
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Boil the green beans in the broth for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions and mushrooms.
- Drain the green beans and add to the mushroom and onions mixture.
- Add the mushroom soup, onion rings, and seasonings to this mixture as well.
- Stir until well combined and pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
This is great, I used extra mushrooms and added Worcestershire sauce to it. Family loved it!