1/1 Photo of Paula Deen's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe may be a little more labor intensive to make than the usual green bean casserole but it's so worth it. I love the fresh green beans and the cheese! I always use more mushrooms than called for just because I love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- 3Boil the green beans in the broth for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions and mushrooms.
- 5Drain the green beans and add to the mushroom and onions mixture.
- 6Add the mushroom soup, onion rings, and seasonings to this mixture as well.
- 7Stir until well combined and pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 948.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French fried onion rings