Recipe by Dissie
My mother in law makes the best snickerdoodles. She said she was given this recipe by an Aunt. Very delicious and easy!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These cookies were chosen for kittencalskitchen forum cookie tag game, they baked out lovely and tasted just as good as they looked, I used all butter, thanks for sharing Dissie...
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar do not add to batter (for rolling balls in)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon do not add to batter (for rolling balls in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Once fluffy, add in eggs one at a time until mixed thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together, and stir in to wet ingredients.
- Mix the last 2 ingredients together in a small dish.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll balls into cinnamon sugar.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet or one lined in parchment paper, 2 inches a part.
- Bake until lightly browned but stiff soft.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- (These cookies puff up at first, then flatten out).