Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother in law makes the best snickerdoodles. She said she was given this recipe by an Aunt. Very delicious and easy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar do not add to batter (for rolling balls in)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon do not add to batter (for rolling balls in)
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Once fluffy, add in eggs one at a time until mixed thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together, and stir in to wet ingredients.
- Mix the last 2 ingredients together in a small dish.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll balls into cinnamon sugar.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet or one lined in parchment paper, 2 inches a part.
- Bake until lightly browned but stiff soft.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- (These cookies puff up at first, then flatten out).
These cookies were chosen for kittencalskitchen forum cookie tag game, they baked out lovely and tasted just as good as they looked, I used all butter, thanks for sharing Dissie...