Recipe by Brookelynne26
From the Maine Summers Cookbook. To make clarified butter, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Skim the foam from the top and discard. Pour the clear liquid into a container with a tight fitting lid It will keep in the fridge for several weeks. Discard the solids in the bottom of the pan.
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- clarified butter, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter a large baking pan.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter, vermouth, cheese paprika, parsley, and garlic in a large bowl. Arrange the shrimp, cut side up, in the pan. Mound the filling over the shrimp and press to compact. Bake until gold, about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with clarified butter.