1/1 Photo of Pat's Tomato Bread Soup
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Chef TraceyMae's Note:
My Aunt Pat who lived in New York used to run an Italian Deli business. This is one of her simple recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put olive oil in a soup pot and add crushed garlic and bread.
- 2Saute bread until golden.
- 3Add beef broth and tomatoes.
- 4Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove cover and simmer an additional 40 minutes.
- 6Just before serving, add fresh basil leaves or spinach leaves.
- 7Cooking time is approximate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pat's Tomato Bread Soup
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 514.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g