Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy pastry crust. I can't remember where I got this, but I use it whenever I make eggnog cups and tarts. I use my kitchen-aid mixer with a bread hook for step 3.
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup ice water
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar together.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or two knives.
- Slowly add between 1/2 cup up to 3/4 cup water while mixing together, until the dough holds together.
- Put dough on work surface and shape into a square.
- Divide the dough in 1/2 and wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Chill at least one hour before using.