Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love Feta, feel free to add more! This is a wonderful summer salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb baby spinach leaves, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Don't preheat your oven - it won't be needed!
- Wash lettuce and spinach leaves.
- Spin dry.
- Put into salad bowl with next 2 ingredients.
- Toss with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
I love strawberry salad and this one is no exception. It was wonderful. The feta and walnuts were excellent textural components in this dish. I used a white balsamic vinaigrette, which was simply wonderful with the salad. Thank you so much for sharing.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap # 29 * As Diana #2 has said -- just perfect summer salad -- specially in June -- STRAWBERRY month ! We had huge, red all the way through, local grown (not in my yard though) - and served with raspberry vinaigrette, had VERY old friends for steak-on-the-grill dinner -- was enjoyed by all. Thanks, Chef TraceyMae.
Delicious and simple use of fresh strawberries and fresh made balsamic vinaigrette. Made for *Aussie Swap April 2009*