Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe by Pepperidge Farm for their frozen puff pastries. Very good if you are too lazy to make your own fry bread! Prep time does not include the 30 minutes for thawing the pastry.
- 1 package frozen puff pastry shell
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 sliced green onions
- Thaw pastry shells at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll pastry shells into 7" circles on lightly floured surface.
- Place on 2 baking sheets and prick thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook beef until browned, stirring to separate.
- Pour off fat.
- Add water and taco seasoning.
- Heat to boil, reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Divide beef mixture among baked pastry circles.
- Top with cheese, tomato, olives, onion, and anything else you'd like!
wonderful! i did not thaw. i baked pastry per pkg instructions and just fill them with beef mixture, then added toppings. easy to make, kids think it's great!
What a creative use of puff pastry. I used Missy's Tacos Recipe #142566 for the filling, which actually worked great since it didn't slide around on the shell. My shells worked out better when I pricked them several times with a sharp knife five minutes after they had been in the oven. They didn't puff up as much this way. I couldn't roll mine much bigger than four inches. These really looked attractive and everyone loved them. Roxygirl