Recipe by -------
This is a great change from your everyday Spaghetti & Meatballs. This will make 8-10 servings, so be prepared for leftovers!
Top Review by soulvid
The subtitle of this dish is misleading as this is nothing like the traditional spaghetti and red sauce that we are used to. My family of 6 didn't care for it. It didn't taste bad, just very different. The cinnamon and nutmeg with the wine and beef was off-putting for us.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 0.5 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked & drained
- 1 lb parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in small amount of butter.
- Add beef & brown.
- Add next 6 ingredients & simmer until thick.
- Melt remaining butter & pour over macaroni, mixing well.
- In a large, flat casserole, layer half of the macaroni & half of the cheese.
- Top with beef.
- Spread remaining macaroni & cheese.
- Mix eggs & milk & pour over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly & cut into squares.