Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an economical soup that taste just likes pasties ( a potato & meat pastry that is popular in the UP of Michigan).
- 1. Cook ground meat & onion until onion is tender. Drain.
- 2. Add potatoes & salt & pepper. You can add some beef boullion for a richer flavor.
- 3. Add water to cover.
- 4. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- 5. Retaste for seasoning.
- 6. Add potato flakes to thicken the soup as desired.
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when I saw this recipe but you are right, it does taste like a pastie from Up North, Michigan! I added a little celery and used instant potato flakes quite liberally. DH wants this again - with dumplings. Since this is so easy to make, we will definitely be having again! Thanks for posting. Made and enjoyed for PAC, Spring 2009