Recipe by RecipeMonster
A friend at work is ask to bring this everytime we have a potluck, so this time she brought it and passed out a copy of the recipe. I thank her for being so nice to share.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time.
- Add chiles, corn and cheese, mix well.
- Sift flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add to corn mixture blending well.
- Pour into greased and floured 8x12 baking dish.
- Put dish in oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour.