Pesto that looked amazing and i want to try it and i'll lose the recipe if it isnt here! its from America's Test Kitchen so it has to be good :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 small pepperoncini pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced (hot peppers in vinegar)
- table salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pasta, preferably linguine
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1A half teaspoon of red wine vinegar and ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes can be substituted for the pepperoncini. If you don’t have a food processor, a blender may be substituted. In step 2, pulse ingredients until roughly chopped, then proceed with the recipe, reducing processing times by half.
- 21. Toast almonds in small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pale golden and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Cool almonds to room temperature.
- 32. Process cooled almonds, tomatoes, basil, garlic, pepperoncini, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes (if using) in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. With machine running, slowly drizzle in oil, about 30 seconds.
- 43. Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking water; drain pasta and transfer back to cooking pot.
- 54. Add pesto and ½ cup Parmesan to cooked pasta, adjusting consistency with reser.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Tomato and Almond Pesto (Pesto Alla Trapanese)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.9
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 20.1 g