Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Pesto that looked amazing and i want to try it and i'll lose the recipe if it isnt here! its from America's Test Kitchen so it has to be good :)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 small pepperoncini pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced (hot peppers in vinegar)
- table salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pasta, preferably linguine
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- A half teaspoon of red wine vinegar and ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes can be substituted for the pepperoncini. If you don’t have a food processor, a blender may be substituted. In step 2, pulse ingredients until roughly chopped, then proceed with the recipe, reducing processing times by half.
- 1. Toast almonds in small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pale golden and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Cool almonds to room temperature.
- 2. Process cooled almonds, tomatoes, basil, garlic, pepperoncini, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes (if using) in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. With machine running, slowly drizzle in oil, about 30 seconds.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking water; drain pasta and transfer back to cooking pot.
- 4. Add pesto and ½ cup Parmesan to cooked pasta, adjusting consistency with reser.
so very fresh tasting!!......only had whole almonds and didnt roast them. This recipe goes into keeper for sure
I tried this recipe because I always have almonds and I never have pine nuts. This recipe was Simple and Delicious! A great meal to enjoy with friends! I used whole almonds and added about 1/4 cup fresh spinach to my pesto (I like spinach). I also used 2 whole tomatoes instead of cheery. Blended one with the pesto and cut up the other to top the finished pasta. My family loved it! This is now my go-to pesto pasta dish!
Words can't explain how outstanding this recipe is. I love ATC and have never been disappointed. This recipe screams the flavors of summer and is the perfect choice for an outdoor dinner party. Goes great with grilled chicken marinated in olive oil, lemon and rosemary. Great for those with cherry tomatoes growing wild in their garden. I've made this recipe 3 times because it is so quick and healthy.