Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was trying to make something easy for dinner and use up some things in the fridge. This is what I came up with and it actually turned out pretty well.
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 6 small carrots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- Slice peppers, onion and carrots.
- Toss with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and basil.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven for 45 min.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Boil pasta until al dente, drain (reserve 1/4 cup cooking water), set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter, add bacon and cook until browned - 6 minutes or so.
- Add cream cheese, cream and roasted vegetables, stir until cream cheese is almost melted.
- Add pasta and parmesan.
- Stir together.
The recipe is great but I've altered it to reduce fats and cholestoral. Try using fat free or reduced fat cream cheese and half and half instead of cream. You can also use reduced fat cheese. It's still a very good and easy recipe made a little healthier.