Recipe by evelyn/athens
Pasta is great with Alfredo Sauce, right? Pasta is great with Pesto Sauce, right? Doesn't this recipe make sense? ;-)
Top Review by smoke alarm jr
Yummy.....yummmy!!!This chef will rate this underdog differently for this sauce is out of this world! I followed the directions to a tee but served over bow tie pasta. We all kept dipping into the sauce with bread pieces and this was before I had even finished cooking the pasta. If I was to serve the sauce with just bread sticks I may add a tablespoon or two of cream cheese to thicken it even more. Rich, creamy,comforting and delicious. Next time I will have a bottle of wine on hand to go with this meal!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb capellini or 1 lb spaghettini, cooked until al dente
- minced basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop basil, pine nuts and garlic in processor.
- Gradually add olive oil through feed tube and process until smooth; mix in ½ cup Parmesan.
- Transfer to a small jar (can be made up to 4 days ahead – make on the weekend to enjoy a quick, mid-week meal. Pour enough olive oil on surface of pesto to inhibit exposure to air).
- Bring cream to boil in medium saucepan; whisk in pesto.
- Season to taste.
- Combine pasta, sauce and remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan in large bowl.
- Toss to coat evenly and serve sprinkled with some minced basil.
- Note: If you want this 'saucier' you can add a little milk to wet the pasta.