I made this for my daughter's birthday cookout. Everyone loved it. LHJ, July '04
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces fresh chives, chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 9 ounces bocconcini mozzarella cheese, at room temperature, halved to yield 2 cups
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 ounce fresh Italian parsley, minced to yield 1/4 cup
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaf, chopped to yield 1/2 cup
- 12 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes, halved to yield 2 cups
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta, fusilli
- 1Whisk together vinegar, capers and garlic.
- 2Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- 3Stir in herbs, mozzarella, and tomatoes.
- 4Let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions.
- 6Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and drain pasta in a colander.
- 7Immediately add hot pasta and reserved cooking water to marinated mozzarella mixture.
- 8Let stand 1 minute to soften cheese.
- 9Gently toss pasta and cheese mixture.
- 10Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Serve immediately, sprinkled with pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Herbed Marinated Mozzarella and Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 360.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 19.3 g