Recipe by San Marcos Sunshine
From the latest "Sunset" comes another simple risotto using orzo pasta.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped shallot (or onion)
- 2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- additional parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 T. of butter in a 12" frying pan over high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots or onions and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned, 9-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 more T. butter and the orzo. Stir often until pasta is light golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and sherry. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite and most of the liquid is absorbed, 9-11 minutes.
- If mixture becomes too thick before pasta is done, add a little more broth.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, the salt & pepper.
- Spoon risotto into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese.
- Makes 3-4 main dish servings.