San Marcos Sunshine's Note:
From the latest "Sunset" comes another simple risotto using orzo pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 T. of butter in a 12" frying pan over high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms and shallots or onions and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned, 9-12 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add 2 more T. butter and the orzo. Stir often until pasta is light golden, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth and sherry. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite and most of the liquid is absorbed, 9-11 minutes.
- 5If mixture becomes too thick before pasta is done, add a little more broth.
- 6Stir in the parmesan cheese, the salt & pepper.
- 7Spoon risotto into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese.
- 8Makes 3-4 main dish servings.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 1040.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g