Recipe by yogi.chanh
This dish is healthy and full of flavor! I keep everything organic and fresh!I crave a hearty noodle dish from time to time, but hate all the refined carbs and loaded calories. For a vegan twist, omit the cream and use vegan cheese.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh herb (such as parsley, basil, and oregano)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut length wise into 1/4 inch portions (roughly 8 pieces)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine, of choice (I use a quinoa blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by cooking pasta per package directions and set aside to drain and cool. Add EVOO to pasta if you like to keep it from getting sticky.
- In a large 3-4 qt pan, heat EVOO to medium heat and sauté onions, red pepper and garlic together until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes, then carrots and kale.
- Stir and let it come to a slow boil, then turn the heat down to medium low for about 30 minutes.
- Start on the zucchini. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat each side of the zucchini with breadcrumb mixture and place on a oven proof dish. Use an oil spray on dish to keep it from sticking. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs to red sauce, and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- Finish primavera sauce with cream and add salt to taste.
- Toss pasta with red sauce to coat. Top each serving with 2 pieces of baked zucchini and grated parmesean cheese and enjoy!