Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a little different; this pasta primavers is baked as a casserole.
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 zucchini, cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (canned will do)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packageseach frozen choppen spinach (thawed and drained well)
- Cook pasta as directed and drain. Spoon into prepared 13x10x2 in baking dish (spray with olive oil).
- Saunted veggies in oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Spoon all over pasta.
- Place flour in the skillet.
- Blend in milk.
- Add broth, nutmeg and pepper.
- Cook and whisk over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Add spinach.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minute.