Samuel Holden's Note:
Quick, easy, tasty, perfect after a long day of work (whatever you do). Cooking pasta in this way is someone elses idea and I can't remember who's...Please tell me...someone! :( Test the pasta occasionally and drain it when it's at your preferd "hardness" or "softness", I refuse to eat anything that is not al-dente, but in spain they serve it all mushy (ick!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water in a large pan, add pasta, return to boil and turn off the heat, leave for 15 minutes (it really does work!).
- 2While you are awaiting for the pasta heat a wok or a frying pan and add the oil and.
- 3Fry onions'till the're"limp", add the butter.
- 4Stir-fry until the onions have gone golden.
- 5Add green peppers and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 6Add red peppers and fry for another 2 minutes (I like crispy peppers, if you like yours limp the use more time and add the peppers earlier in the cooking).
- 7Add basil and pine nuts.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Test the pasta to see if its done, if its not then boil the water up again and it will be.
- 10Strain pasta and add to the vegetables, mix and serve.
- 11Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 12Use parmesano Reggiano for top quality taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta, onions and peppers.
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g