Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb any small shell pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves crushed garlic (not chopped)
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 medium white potatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chunky parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, al dente style.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot, sauté onion, garlic and chili flakes in olive oil until tender.
- Add oregano, potatoes and stock.
- Cook until potatoes are barely tender; add tomatoes.
- Continue cooking until potatoes are done.
- Remove half of the soup and puree with a hand blender.
- Pour back into the pot and cook for one minute.
- Adjust the thickness with extra stock if necessary.
- Add pasta and cheese; garnish with additional chopped oregano and, if desired, drizzle with olive oil before serving.