Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on the Kraft website. A great way to sneak veggies into your kid's dinner!! Quick and easy to put together. Even better -- one pot/skillet!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Water, vegetables, spaghetti sauce and pasta. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese just before serving.
- TIP: If not using extra lean ground beef, you will probably want to drain the ground beef and return to skillet before adding in the rest of the ingredients for step 2.
This was really easy, makes a ton, and I love the one pot aspect and not having to cook separate pasta. And to top it all off, it tastes good too! I used ground lamb instead of beef and a triple mushroom pasta sauce (more veg!) Also used whole wheat rotini. The carrot seemed to add a subtle sweetness which was great. Because I expect to be eating leftovers of this for a few days (at least!) I did not stir the cheese in at the end but will save it for when I reheat the leftovers and add it then. Thanks so much for the recipe iewe!