1/2 Photos of Pasta in the Pink With Red Pepper Puree
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 red bell peppers, charred and peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped canned tomatoes in puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded fontina
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb imported pasta shells (conchiglie rigate)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil in a big pot.
- 3Halve the peppers, remove the seeds, and puree them in a blender; you should have about 1 cup puree.
- 4In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pasta and butter.
- 5Parboil the pasta for 4 minutes; drain and add to the ingredients in the bowl; tossing to combine.
- 6Divide the pasta mixture among 6-8 individual, shallow, ceramic gratin dishes (1 ½ to 2 cups capacity).
- 7Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, about 7-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta in the Pink With Red Pepper Puree
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.5
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 564.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes in puree
pecorino romano cheese