Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 mins
A nice change from white pasta. I've added the rest time to the prep time.
- In a large glass bowl and with a wooden spoon mix together the flours and salt.
- Make a well.
- Whisk together the eggs and water, and pour into the well and begin to mix well until a ball is formed.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead for 20 turns.
- Wrap in waxed paper and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut to manageable shape and follow directions for a manual pasta machine or roll out to desired thickness and cut to desired shape.
Di, this is a winning recipe! I made this yesterday to serve with Dancer's Healthy MArinara Sauce and some fried calamari. I used my Kitchenaid Mixer's linguini attachment and this was a really terrific treat. I allowed the noodles to dry a bit as I prepared everything else and they boiled up really well. They also absorbed the sauce REALLY well and I just had a bit of the leftovers and the pasta is even better today. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this!!!
Easy and delicious! My husband was impressed but it really wasn't that hard! I cut our noodles with a pizza cutter after rolling out.
Love the recipe, but we needed to add another half cup of flour or so since the dough was too wet at first. We also added finely chopped basil for added color and flavor. Highly recommended!