Recipe by nitko
I was cooking this meal yesterday after long time. There are many ways of making carbonara, this one is the one I prefer. I don't know where I got this recipe; it is probably a combination of many recipes. This is recipe for 1 person.
- 100 g pasta (penne rigate)
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g pancetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 100 g sour cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 5 g salt
- 1 g ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer manual (it is better to use pasta with some kind of hole).
- In the meantime cut pancetta into very small cubes and fry it until almost crisp (if you use Teflon pan you donï¿½t need olive oil, pancetta has enough fat, if not, use some olive oil).
- Mix egg yolk, sour cream, grated parmesan and parsley into mixture and wait.
- When the pasta is ready, add oregano and pepper into pan, heat it and now make pancetta crispy, add pasta, stir a bit and than add parmesan mixture into pan.
- Stir not longer than 1 minute and serve. You may add freshly grated parmesan onto meal as well.