Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy! I made this with prosciutto tonight, as it is what I had on hand, and it was still good! Source: Celebrate!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/2 ", pieces
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Saute pancetta until crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, set large pot of water to boil, throw in salt when it boils.
- Beat yolks and cream together and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/2 of cheese.
- Cook penne, drain in colander, return to pot. Add pancetta and egg mixture and toss to combine well. Stir in remaining cheese and serve.