Recipe by Bippie
Full Fat version of this recipe. Don't try to skimp on these ingredients. It just won't come out the same.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
This is so rich that we don't have it often but this was worth it. I had a slight problem because it turned out somewhat drier than I would have liked so next time I will use less spaghetti noodles. Must admit that I was a bit nervous using white wine vinegar, but two tablespoons is about right. It took a lot more than five minutes preparation time because you are working at the stove the whole time. Thanks for sharing Bippie.
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain quickly and place back into pot. Immediately stir in the egg and let stand.
- Slice bacon into small cubes and cook until almost crispy. Don't drain bacon fat.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Warm milk in microwave and add to butter/bacon mixture.
- Add vinegar and stir until curdled mixture starts to thicken.
- Continue stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth.
- Pour thickened mixture over pasta in pot.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.