Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from the May 2005 issue of Family Circle Magazine. Very good, but definitely not something for someone counting carbs and watching fat constantly. I splurged and made this my fat food for the week.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water until tender but still firm, 9 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, place bacon in a medium-size nonstick skillet. Cook until slightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together cream and egg yolks in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until temperature reaches 140F on an instant-read thermometer about 6 to 7 minutes and maintain 140F for at least 3 minutes. Stir in basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add bacon and drippings to cooked pasta. Stir in cream and egg mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon pasta into a large serving bowl and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Serve immediately.