This came from the May 2005 issue of Family Circle Magazine. Very good, but definitely not something for someone counting carbs and watching fat constantly. I splurged and made this my fat food for the week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water until tender but still firm, 9 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- 2While pasta is cooking, place bacon in a medium-size nonstick skillet. Cook until slightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Whisk together cream and egg yolks in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until temperature reaches 140F on an instant-read thermometer about 6 to 7 minutes and maintain 140F for at least 3 minutes. Stir in basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 4Add bacon and drippings to cooked pasta. Stir in cream and egg mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- 5Spoon pasta into a large serving bowl and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.8
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 207.7 mg
- Sodium 726.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.9 g